Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Children's Writers Updates on this Whimsical Wednesday

The Caren Johnson Literary Agency is holding a pitch fest starting tonight at midnight on their forums. Your pitch has to be under 100 words max and they are only running it till 11:59pm on Thursday night, so get to tweaking. They will respond to all entries on Friday. Go to Pitch Fest...for more details.

Script Frenzy is coming in April. If you don't know what Script Frenzy is, it's Nanowrimo for Screenwriters and ran by the creators of Nano....so I imagine it will be great fun. This will be my first time doing it and I have never, ever attempted screen writing but it is supposed to be full of great tips and resources, so I'm going to go for it and probably fall flat on my face!

Agent Mary Kole is running a Novel Beginnings Contest on her blog at kidlit.com. You need to email her the first 500 words of your finished YA or MG novel by Jan. 31st, see the above link for more details. I would love to enter by my current WIP's are no where near ready but if you are getting to polishing and send away.

These are all great opportunities to work on your writing and get noticed.

Sending creativity vibes!
-Topaz Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment